Jello shots that finally taste good. Fireball is nothing short of a gift from the gods that has been bestowed upon us so we can be spared from gagging on vodka jello shots. These jello shots taste like delicious apple cinnamon and you can barely tell there’s any alcohol… unless of course you like to live dangerously (and increase the amount of booze in your cup!).
Updated 3/14/16 – Lots of you were asking what kind of cider to use… hard cider or the normal stuff. In this case, we recommend non-alcoholic cider. With hard cider (like Angry Orchard) we found you lose a little of the sweetness required.
That being said, if you want to ratchet up your alcohol level, we recommend adding more fireball (of course)! Another 3/4 cup max though… any more will ruin taste, and cause the gelatin not to sit up.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of Apple Cider (non-alcoholic is our preferred option)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 1/2 cup of Sour Apple Schnapps
- 2 envelopes, or .5oz, of Knox Gelatin (each envelope is about .25oz)
- Pour the water and apple cider into a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Pour in the Knox Gelatin and dissolve.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat after the gelatin is completely dissolved, and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour in the Fireball and Apple Schnapps
- Let the mixture cool a little before pouring into plastic jello shot cups.
- Put in the fridge until the jello is firm enough (2+ hours)
Makes around 16-32 jello shots depending on how generous you are with each shot. Be careful not to mess with the amount of liquid or the jello could be too runny or too firm.